Warnick Consultants continues its support of The Young Entrepreneurs Academy
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a year-long program that teaches middle and high school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. YEA! was developed at the University of Rochester in 2004 with the support of a grant from the Kauffman Foundation. In 2014 the Columbus NAWBO Chapter brought this program to the Columbus area community.
YEA! guides high school students through the process of starting and running a legitimate business or social movement over the course of a full academic year. YEA! graduates started as students, and left the program as CEOs of their own companies!
The Academy has had profound positive effects on students, businesses, and communities all across the country. 100% of Academy Graduates Graduate High School on Time
- 99% of Academy Graduates Enroll in College
- 19% of YEA! Students Start Second Businesses
- 50% of YEA! Students Continue Business for More Than 1 Year
- 49% of YEA! Students are Female
- 56% of YEA! Students are Under-represented Minorities
- YEA! Students have been awarded millions of dollars in scholarships as a result of their involvement in YEA!
- 4,338 students have graduated from YEA! and have launched over 3,000 businesses
You can read more about this program on NAWBO’s website: http://nawbocolumbusohio.com